Monday, March 15, 2010

Mantel inspiration!

I found it! The inspiration to re-do my mantel. You see - it was never really done properly. I jazz it up for Christmas but for the rest of the year its just kind of "blah". I would love to change it seasonally but small steps first. So, since Christmas its been pretty bare except for the battered sign hanging above. I love my painted, dented tin sign with the opening lyrics from Louis Armstrong's song, "What a Wonderful World." I would like to keep it above. Its a perfect fit and it looks great set on the white painted brick. I think its a bit different than the traditional mirror or painting. But I need greenery, interest, texture and symmetry. All of which Layla at The Lettered Cottage has achieved for under $100 dollars - only $67.00 to be exact!! All of these "blog girls" inspire me. They have such great ideas and their talent is endless.

my mantel was the only part of the house left standing during a major renovation in 2000 (by previous owners)

mantel is 7 feet / 3 foot side

Louis Armstrong lyric sign above

Layla's mantel at The Lettered Cottage. Eye candy!

another view of Layla's mantel

1 comment:

Lettered Cottage said...

Awww...thanks for the love!
I'm so glad you liked my mantel and can't wait to see what you do with yours!

Layla