Monday, March 15, 2010

One fish, two fish, red fish...

It's a miserable, rainy Monday morning and daylight savings time doesn't help much. It has rained all weekend...not just rain but RAIN! So, we didn't accomplish too much. Still counting down to Spring which officially begins this Saturday, March 20th. So, my blog post today is kinda "blah"...but cupcakes seem to always have a way of lifting our mood.

I read to Miss B's class this past week. In honor of Dr. Seuss - we chose "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish." I don't remember it being 63 pages long! So to "bribe" the kids into attention - I told them there would be a treat at the end. They cooperated pretty well - although around page 23, I heard one sweetheart ask me if I would buy him a skateboard. ;-) This also gave me an excuse to use my brand new Kitchen Aid mixer. I can't believe I was a hold-out because this made the task easy-breezy. There will definitely be more cupcakes in our future!!







No comments: