Friday, February 19, 2010

Grayce's Cake... "De-lish"

It's Friday and it's been a looooong week. We're so used to being off for snow days and holidays that a somewhat "normal" week feels like it will never end. But here we are - finally Friday. I'm still reading Tara Frey's book, "Blogging for Bliss". A wonderful resource from which I am learning. So, until I learn more about the blog world I decided to do a simple post of a SIMPLE recipe. It's got to be "simple" for me to make it.

Years ago, my mother received this cake recipe from a sweet elderly lady named Grayce Fuller. Sadly, Grayce has passed but I often think how she would enjoy the fact that this recipe has become a staple in our family. She lives on and of course the recipe is aptly named "Grayce's Cake". Enjoy.


Miss B "helping" Grandma make a Grayce's Cake

Grayce’s Cake

(Grayce Fuller)


Duncan Hines “Butter Recipe Golden”~ prepare cake mix according to directions.

Pour into un-greased 9X13 inch pan.


Mix:

3 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

¾ cup sugar

15 oz. whole milk ricotta

Pour on top.


Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.


Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Enjoy anytime ~ for breakfast, after lunch or dinner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was delicioso! I am going to make it for Al and Ella this weekend...of course I will be eating most of it as they nap on the couch.